Sharing: Rohingya Blogger |
Rohingya civilians at large have come under heavy attacks of the Myanmar (Burma) armed forces across Maungdaw, Rathedaung and Buthidaung Townships after the members of a Rohingya resiatance group raided dozens of the Boder Guard Police (BGP) Force and military bases this early morning, sources say.
August 25, 2017
Maungdaw — Rohingya civilians at large have come under heavy attacks of the Myanmar armed forces across Maungdaw, Rathedaung and Buthidaung Townships after the members of a Rohingya resiatance group raided dozens of the Boder Guard Police (BGP) Force and military bases this early morning, sources say.
Until now, at least 200 civilians are highly believed to have been killed by the Myanmar military and BGP across the three townships. Due to indiscriminate shootings and killings by the armed forces, many villages have been being entirely displaced in the region.
Torching and burning down of Rohingya homes by the state armed forces in collaborations with Rakhine extremists are quite rampant and widespread. In Rathedaung Township alone, 700 Rohingya homes in Chein Khali village, 200 shelters in the ‘Chein Hali’ IDP camps have been entirely burnt down by the joint forces of the military, the BGP and the Rakhine extremists since this morning 7am. The Zaydi Pyin village that had been totally blockaded by the state-backed Rakhine extremists for more than three weeks was partially burnt down but all the villagers were forced to leave their homes handing their properties over to the Rakhines.
“Our region is in total chaos now. They have burnt down our homes using fire-launchers, seized our properties and forced us to leave our homes. We have become totally displaced. We don’t know where we will have to go now”, said a displayed villager from Zaydi Pyin when contacted on phone.
Thousands of displaced Rohingyas in Rathedaung are now hiding in the nearby forests. Their lives are in maximum danger as the Myanmar armed forces can raid their hideouts and kill them at any time.
Other Rohingya villages have been under heavy military offensives are:
1) Kwan Thi Pin, 2) Mi Htaik Chaung Wa, 3) Nat Chaung, 4) Taman Thar, 5) Zee Pin Chaung, 6) Lon Doong, 7) Zin Paing Nya, 8) Ye Myet Taung, 9) Kyi Kan Pyin, 10) Tharay Kun Baung, 11) Pa Nyaung Pin Gyi, 12) Padin, 13) Alay Than Kyaw, 14) Thawan Chaung, 15) Thinbaw Kwe, 16) Udaung, 17) Myint Hlut, 18) Taung Bazaar, 19) Phaung Daw Pyin and many other villages have also come under attacks.
Over 50,000 civilians are reported to have already been displaced across the three townships on this single day alone.
The Rohingya resistance group, Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army (ARSA), claimed on twitter that it had to take defensive measures against the Myanmar military and security forces as the atrocities (by the military and security forces) against the Rohingya people have become intolerable. During the clashes between the Myanmar armed forces and the resistance group, both sides are reported to have casualties. Exact figures are unknown yet.
Besides, a Rakhine internal sources reveals that the Myanmar government is now plotting an inter-communal violence between Rohingyas and Rakhines.
In days to come, fightings between the Myanmar armed forces and ARSA members are likely to be more intensified. An urgent humitarian intervention and a ceasefire with international intervention are critically needed.
1) The Joint forces of Myanmar and BGP along with Rakhine extremists have burnt down at least 200 Rohingya homes in ‘Myint Hlut’ village in Southern Maungdaw since 5pm local time.
More and more homes are being set ablaze now.
2) At least 11 civilians have been killed and many others were critically injured in ‘Kyi Kan Pyin’ village during the military raids this morning and afternoon.
Although no action by the ARSA against the Myanmar armed forces have occured in the village, the military conducted raids in the village, indiscriminately opened fire at the villagers at home and while fleeing”, said a man from the village on the condition of anonymity.
The victims killed are:
1) Mohammed Taher (32), s/o Mv Osman
2) Abul Boshor (25), s/o Abdu Rozark
3) A middle-aged woman (Wife of Abul Hashim and daughter of Rashid Ahmed)
4) Ammuni (25), d/o Abdu Salam (the military also threw 11-days old son into the stream by shooting him dead.)
5) Ledu (50), s/o ?
6) Mujee Ullah (18), Ledu
7) Rashidullah (16), s/o Ledu (No. 4 is the father and 5 & 6 are his 2 sons.)
8) Osama (17), s/o Mv Abdul Amin
9) Noor Fisal s/o — age – ?
10) Noor Boshor (17), s/o Noor Mohammed
11) Jahangir (13), s/o Nurul Amin
A teenage girl was critically injured and is struggling to survive. She is ‘Rofiqa (18), d/o Noor Hussain.’ Another 11 months old baby is also missing due to the chaos of blood created by the military.
3) And in the village of ‘Nyaung Chaung’ in southern Maungdaw, six people were killed when the military rampantly fired at the fleeing villagers.
4) At least 9 Rohingya civilians were killed by the Myanmar armed forces and the Rakhine extremists in ZediPyin in Rathedaung Township on August 25.
After 3 weeks of blockade, they partially burnt down the Rohingya village including a historical mosque and expelled all the villagers. Nowhere to go.[MTS reports, MSRB] [Reported by Rohingya Eye, KSM & other RB Correspondents; Edited by M.S. Anwar]
Please email to: email@example.com to send your reports and feedback.
Leave a comment, tell us your story or simply like the post below
0 Like - Sharing is Caring